Friday, October 21, 2011

Spotlight Moment.

First off, sorry for not posting yesterday. Cleaning for room inspections took up my time.

     Now down to business; tonight on ABC the Keefer family's house appeared on Extreme Makeover: Home Edition. I was lucky enough to help out. The family is so delightful and caring from what I was told. I'm glad they were given the opportunity.
      
     It was also a great opportunity for everyone involved, not only because they were helping a family in need but also because they had their small chance in the spotlight. They had the chance to be on television. Even thought they may be on tv for a millisecond, they were on tv. 
     
Photos by KG and William Blake
     Another chance arose for me to be on television when MTV U came to my campus and were promoting the 90's Nicolodeon shows. They were asking everyone what their favorite show was from the 90's along with several other questions. The line to do this grew throughout the day and people ended up waiting close to an hour to get their 30secs of fame. 
     
     Maybe being on national television isn't for everyone, but that still doesn't mean that they cannot have a moment to shine. While leaving MTV U I ran into two friends and I happened to have my SLR camera. The two of them being so photogenic wanted to partake in a photo shoot right then and there. So we did. The shots ended up being pretty phenomenal and I look forward to many more shoots with them. 

     Another moment in the spotlight goes to my old high school when they beat an undefeated team, and is now number one in their division. Let me also state that We have only had football at the varsity level for 5 years, going on 6. Congrats boys, you're making history. 

     Life is short, and I believe that everyone should have the chance to shine and be a star. Even if it is something as simple as a backyard photo shoot. 
 





No comments:

Post a Comment